Sterling invests in good businesses that are undervalued due to stress factors that can be fixed.
- Understand stress factors: Management, Financial, and/or Structure;
- Determine that value can be released by eliminating stress factors;
- Work with independent sector experts to underpin investment thesis;
- Formulate entry/exit strategy;
- Meet executive management;
- Meet chairman and board members;
- Develop Industrial and Activist strategy where appropriate;
- Accumulate stake above disclosure threshold;
- Meet other shareholders;
- Aim to be a key shareholder.